Sunday, May 22, 2016

Guest bathroom makeover!!!

I have been taking off all the door handles, switch plates and electrical outlet covers around the house and painting them oil rubbed bronze.  I priced out just completely replacing them all at Home Depot and it was $633.  I am not made of money and I have yet to find the mysterious money tree so I am weekend DIY-ing it!




I cannot even begin to tell you how much I HATE(d) the color of our guest bathroom and I am just now getting around to painting/updating that room.
What I cannot understand is that everyone including my grandmother likes that blue.. I just don't get it!  The only way I would've kept it is if there was a window in the restroom.  To me the room is too small for that bold of a color.

The after color is actually a mix of three "Opps Paints" from Home Depot.  I am completely pleased with the turnout! 

 The second item on the to-do list was to stain the cabinets,  They're the oh-so lovely oak builder grade cabinets and are in desperate need of an update!   I bought Minwax Polyshade from home depot in the Espresso color.
I can't believe how gorgeous this color is after just one coat! 
THIS IS ONE COAT!!!
ERMAGERD!!! 

And here is the final product. I love the way it turned out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment